CE: False Claims Act Update
The U.S. Department of Justice continues to aggressively pursue penalties for violations of the False Claims Act by FHA-approved mortgagees through dozens of cases over the last several years, and has won awards totaling over four billion dollars. The current Administration continues the trend, with two more settlements announced at the end of 2018 and the beginning of 2019. Please join MBA Compliance Essentials as it examines this risk of liability for mortgage lenders, as industry experts on this subject cover the topic from both a production and servicing point of view.
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2019
2:00-3:00 p.m. EST
Objectives:This program will sensitize attendees to the inherent risks and offer valuable insights on steps to take to contain such risks by covering:
- The False Claims Act requirements;
- Findings that have given rise to Lender Liability;
- Measures Lenders can implement to avoid becoming an FCA statistic; and
- Recent FCA actions against Lenders that have involved Servicing and Reverse Mortgages.
- Phillip L. Schulman, Partner, Mayer Brown
- Krista Cooley, Partner, Mayer Brown
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance Managers and Staff
- Operations Personnel
- In-House Counsel
- Tech Vendors
Call begins on April 23, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:00 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.