CE: How the Proposed Amendments to Reg F will impact FDCPA
The CFPB’s long awaited proposed amendments to Regulation F, implementing the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, have arrived. Join this MBA Compliance Essentials webinar as experts examine the proposed rule and discuss:
- Coverage, including (i) the inclusion of a confirmed successor in interest, as well as the personal representative of a deceased consumer’s estate, in the definition of a “consumer” for purposes of certain provisions addressing communications in connection with debt collection, and (ii) whether the provisions of the Proposed Rule could be applied to first-party collection activities based on UDAAP principles.
- Disclosure requirements: including (i) requirements for Validation of Debt Notices, (ii) disclosure safe harbor for use of the Bureau’s Model Form, and (iii) requirements for the provision of electronic disclosures.
- Conduct and communication requirements, including (i) time and place restrictions, (ii) restriction on telephone call volume, (iii) text and email communications, and (iv) resolution of the "voicemail paradox" through the use of "limited-content messages."
- A few issues not addressed in the Proposed Rule and potential interplay with state debt collection laws.
Wednesday, August 7th, 2019
2:00-3:30 p.m. EST
- Anoush Garakani, Senior Associate, Alston & Bird LLP
- Ross Speier, Senior Associate, Alston & Bird LLP
- Nanci Weissgold, Partner, Alston & Bird LLP
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance Managers and Staff
- Operations Personnel
- In-House Counsel
Call begins on August 7th, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.