CE: Preparing for the FHA Annual Recertification Process
|Member Price||(Before ) $1.00||$1.00||(After ) $1.00|
|Non-Member Price||(Before ) $299.00||$299.00||(After ) $299.00|
Join MBA Compliance Essentials for a webinar on the FHA annual recertification process, which for most FHA-approved lenders and servicers must be completed on or before March 31st each year. Given the focus by HUD and the Department of Justice on the annual and loan-level certification statements in enforcement actions against FHA-approved mortgagees, each FHA lender and servicer must ensure strict adherence to the annual recertification process to avoid liability. Hear from legal experts who represent FHA mortgagees about how to navigate the FHA certification process, how HUD and the DOJ use the annual certification in enforcement actions, and how to avoid pitfalls in completing this important annual process.
If you are interested in submitting anonymous questions, please submit your questions to Erica Garner at EGarner@mba.org by end of day November 22, 2019.
Date:Thursday, January 9, 2020
Time:2:00-3:30 PM EST
This webinar is complimentary to MBA Members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.
Topics to be covered:
- The FHA's annual recertification process
- HUD's self-reporting requirements for material findings and events
- HUD's enforcement activity for violations of certification requirements
- Tips on how to complete the certification process accurately and on time
- Phillip Schulman, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Krista Cooley, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance Officers
- In-house Counsel
- Personnel responsible for executing the certifications
Call begins on January 9, 2020 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.