CE: Pros and Cons of Appraisal Waivers
|Member Price||(Before ) $1.00||$1.00||(After ) $1.00|
|Non-Member Price||(Before ) $299.00||$299.00||(After ) $299.00|
With low interest rates, continued strength of the refinance market, and several other factors, the appraisal waiver option offered by the GSEs has come into focus in recent months. Appraisal waivers offer many benefits for both the lender and the consumer, but they can also lead to some thorny issues, especially with some cash-out refinances. Join the Compliance Essentials program and industry experts as we explore appraisal waiver options, appraiser independence rules and all of the potential issues, risk, liability, legal issues, and best practices.
Date:Tuesday, February 4, 2020
Time:1:00-2:00 PM ET
This webinar is complimentary to MBA members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.
Objectives and Topics:
- Identify the difference between appraisal waiver options between FNMA and FHLMC
- Appraisal notice and delivery requirements of Reg B
- Examination of options for new construction, rural homes, natural disaster, and required full appraisals
- Who bears the risk of an incorrect AVM?
- Appraisal waiver best practices
- Roger Fendelman, Founding Attorney and Managing Member, Garris Horn PLLC
- Raymond Snytsheuvel, Of Counsel (Founding Attorney), Garris Horn PLLC
Who Should Attend?
Call begins on February 4, 2020 from 1:00 - 2:00 PM ET.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.