CE: Trends in CFPB Servicing Rules
Join MBA Education and the Compliance Essentials program to hear about the latest developments pertaining to the CFPB’s Servicing Rules. Building upon its 2013 Servicing Rules, the CFPB released additional Servicing requirements in 2016. This webinar will address the content of the 2016 Servicing Rules that are now in force, as well as other rules relating to mortgage loan servicing. This webinar will address topics including but not limited to: Accelerated Loans, Successors in Interest, Bankruptcy, Loss Mitigation Requirements, and Notice Timing Requirements, among others. Hear from leading legal experts as to why these rules continue to be a cause for concern for servicers and compliance professionals throughout the industry.
Panelists will speak to the latest in enforcement actions that have taken place and what steps you can take to avoid compliance issues. This interactive webinar will be a great opportunity to get your questions answered and hear from your peers.
Discounts:This webinar is complimentary for purchasers of the MBA Compliance Essentials CFPB's Mortgage Servicing Rules Resource Guide. Please contact Lisa Volb at LVolb@mba.org for the promo code.
Wednesday, September 25th, 2019
1:00-2:30 p.m. EST
Objectives:Attendees will learn:
- Understand implications of treatment successors in interest and confirmed successors in interest
- Learn the significance of the new definition of "delinquency" as it applies throughout the Rule
- Understand key amendments to the loss mitigation provisions including requiring servicers to comply with the loss mitigation procedural requirements throughout the life of the loan, impose much higher standards for working with the borrower and third parties to complete otherwise incomplete applications, and clarify the application of the loss mitigation procedures and timelines during the transfer of servicing
- Learn which exemptions from the periodic statement requirements and early intervention requirements will be available for borrowers in bankruptcy and borrowers who exercised their cease communication rights under the FDCPA
- Understand how the periodic statement requirements apply to accelerated loans, loans in temporary loss mitigation, loans permanently modified and charged off loans
- Nanci L. Weissgold, Partner, Alston & Bird LLP
- Morey Barnes Yost, Senior Associate, Alston & Bird LLP
- Kendall Stensvad, Associate, Alston & Bird LLP
Who Should Attend?
- Servicers and Servicing Managers
- Loss Mitigation
- Compliance Professionals
Call begins on September 25th, 2019 from 1:00 - 2:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.