CE: Trends in State Data Privacy and Security Laws
Join MBA Education and the Compliance Essentials program to learn about how the patchwork of federal and state laws govern privacy and data security in the United States and the legal landscape is growing increasingly complicated by disparate state approaches to protecting consumers. This webinar will discuss the recent updates in state data privacy and security laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act and Ohio Data Protection Act, and the impact that these laws have on the mortgage banking industry specifically. We will also highlight pending legislation in New Jersey that has the potential to significantly impact companies in the mortgage banking industry and how states’ legislative approaches may inform a comprehensive federal privacy law.
Thursday, January 31st, 2019
2:00-3:00 p.m. EST
Objectives:By attending this comprehensive overview you will learn about:
- Provide an overview of new obligations for companies in the mortgage banking industry.
- Highlight trends in state laws and discuss steps that companies should take now to be better prepared for future developments in this area.
- Provide insight on how states' approaches may impact federal legislation.
- Ashley Hutto-Schultz, Associate, Hogan Lovells US LLP
- Roshni Patel, Associate, Hogan Lovells US LLP
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance Managers and Staff
- Operations Personnel
- In-House Counsel
Call begins on January 31, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:00 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.