CE: Understanding MLO Temporary Authority
The regulatory relief bill passed by Congress in 2018 created "temporary authority" for MLOs to continue to originate loans when changing employers from a company requiring federal registration to one requiring state licensure or when moving from one state licensed company to a state licensed company in another state. This provision of the law will become effective on November 24, 2019 and will present a host of new operational challenges and legal compliance requirements for companies. Join this MBA Compliance Essentials webinar, which will include staff from the Conference of State Bank Supervisors and expert counsel, to explore what this means from a regulatory standpoint and how the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) will accommodate this new status.
Discounts:This webinar is complimentary to MBA members. Please use the promo code WEBINAR upon checkout to receive this discount.
Thursday, July 11th, 2019
2:00-3:30 p.m. EST
Objectives:By attending the webinar, you will learn about:
- The Basics of Temporary Authority
- MLO Trends
- Preparing for the Benefits of Temporary Authority
- Updating Systems
- Developing Monitoring Programs
- Streamlining the MLO Application Process with Temporary Authority to Operate
- Originating Investor-worthy Loans
- Temporary Authority for Mortgage Servicers
- Pete Mills, Senior Vice President, Residential Policy & Member Engagement, Mortgage Bankers Association
- Haydn Richards, Jr., Partner, Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Bill Young, Vice President, NMLS Business Services, Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS)
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance Managers and Staff Operations Personnel
- Operations Personnel
- Heads of Sales
- In-House Counsel
- HR Managers
Call begins on July 11th, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.