CE: Update on Recent Activity & Managing Consumer Complaints
The CFPB and other regulators receive hundreds of thousands of financial services consumer complaints each year, many of which are in the area of mortgage finance and related issues. Handling consumer complaints has become one of the most important functions a financial services company must do to avoid extreme reputational harm, increased regulatory direction, and severe monetary penalty. In this webinar, legal and compliance experts will guide you through the background and regulatory requirements, fundamentals, and practices to assist your company in reducing the inherent risks of complaints going unresolved.
Discounts:This webinar is complimentary to purchasers of the Consumer Compliants Resource Guide. Please contact Lisa Volb at LVolb@mba.org for the promo code.
Wednesday, May 29th, 2019
2:00-3:30 p.m. EST
Objectives:By attending the webinar, you will learn about:
- How to create a robust, trackable consumer complaint management system
- How to interface properly and efficiently with the CFPB consumer complaint portal
- How to ensure that your operations are meeting strict timelines to resolve complaints, and respond appropriately
- Best practices and tips on how to develop and draft company-specific policies and procedures
- How states have developed their own methods for addressing or policing consumer complaints and where state and federal actions may intersect
- Mitch Kider, Managing Partner, Weiner Brodsky Kider PC
- Jim Milano, Member, Weiner Brodsky Kider PC
- Soroush Shahin, Member, Weiner Brodsky Kider PC
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance Managers and Staff
- Operations Personnel
- In-House Council
- Training Supervisors
Call begins on May 29, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.