CE: Update on Remote Online Notarization
Join MBA Education and the Compliance Essentials program for a timely discussion on the laws governing "In-Person eNotarization" (the notarization of electronic records when the notary is physically present with the signer) and "Remote eNotarization" (the use of audio and video technology to notarize electronic records when the notary and the signer are not physically in the same location). This webinar will include background on the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), the state Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA), and the Uniform Real Property Recording Act (URPERA), all of which authorize and enable the notarization of electronic records.
If you are interested in submitting anonymous questions, please submit your questions to Lisa Volb at email@example.com by end of day November 16, 2018.
Wednesday, December 5th, 2018
2:00-3:00 PM EST
Objectives:This webinar will also:
- Review the statutory provisions governing In-Person eNotarization and the various approaches taken by the states to support and regulate notarial actions involving electronic records.
- Discuss the rapidly expanding number of states authorizing Remote eNotarization, key features of the authorizing statutes, and some of the legal issues and challenges associated with this new approach to notarizing documents.
- Margo H. K. Tank, Partner, DLA Piper
- David Whitaker, Partner, DLA Piper
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance Managers and Staff
- Operations Personnel
- In-House Counsel
- Tech Vendors
This webinar will take place on December 5th, 2018.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.