CE: Update on State-Level Litigation and Emerging Trends
State legislation, regulation, supervision and enforcement efforts effecting the industry abound. Join MBA Compliance Essentials for a discussion on cases with particular implications for the mortgage finance industry. Hear from legal experts as they review the latest developments and trends, and discuss recent major state-level litigation and what you should be on the lookout for in 2018-2019. Our legal experts will be prepared to respond to your questions and share insights on the policies and procedures you need to be implementing in order to remain in compliance and run a productive business.
If you are interested in submitting anonymous questions, please submit your questions to Lisa Volb at email@example.com by end of day Friday, August 17, 2018.
This webinar is complimentary to MBA Members. Please use the promo code WEBINAR upon checkout to receive this discount.
Thursday, August 23rd, 2018
2:00-3:30 PM EST
Objectives:This webinar will discuss items such as:
- Class action litigation involving property preservation rights of secured lenders and newly enacted legislation clarifying those rights in Washington state
- Appellate case law in Arizona clarifying the statute of limitations defense to a foreclosure action by a secured vendor
- Nevada HOA lien property case law
- HOBR and Privacy developments in California
- A. Michelle Canter, Partner, Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Sunny S. Huo, Member, Severson & Werson
- Reid S. Manley, Partner, Burr & Forman LLP
- Michelle A. Mierzwa, Esq., Partner, Compliance Division, Wright Finlay & Zak LLP
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance Managers and Staff
- Operations Personnel
- In-House Counsel
- Tech Vendors
This webinar will take place on August 23, 2018.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.