CMF: Self-Insurance and Reinsurance
CMF: Self-Insurance and Reinsurance
Date:Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Time:2:00-3:30 PM EST
For those interested in purchasing and attending multiple webinars in the CMF Insurance series, please use the promo code GROUP15 promo code to receive 15% off. If member companies are interested in sending multiple people to multiple webinars, please contact MBA Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commercial Insurance Series Summary:
Commercial insurance is a complex and dynamic component of the real estate finance industry. In recognition of the training needs of our members, MBA Education has developed a comprehensive program covering the various elements of commercial insurance. In collaboration with Insurance Advisors LLC and Fortress Risk Consultants LLC, MBA Education will offer 13 webinars over the course of a two year period covering the following four categories:
1) Introductory and Overview
2) Types of Commercial Insurance
3) Commercial Insurance Industry Processes
4) Commercial Insurance Compliance
Self-Insurance and Reinsurance Summary:
Self-Insurance and Reinsurance is a program designed to help explain some of the more technical aspects of the insurance industry, including so called "alternative risk" programs and reinsurance, an underpinning of the broader property and liability insurance industry. This webinar will start by reviewing typical language for insurance requirements and how borrowers use different forms of self- insurance to meet these requirements. We then analyze various self-insurance options that meet or don't meet these requirements. We will focus on the use of large deductibles for blanket polices; formal self- insurance programs; captive insurers; fronted programs; and, risk retention groups.
We will discuss the use of so called "TRIA captives" that borrowers use to insure their Terrorism exposures using reinsurance in many cases. The webinar will then turn to the subject of reinsurance which is essentially the insurance of insurance companies. Different types of reinsurance will be described and how reinsurance is used to support alternative risk transfer options and the insurance industry in general.
- Bernard M. ("Bernie") Brown, CPCU, CLU, and President, Insurance Advisors LLC
The schedule for 2018 and 2019 is as follows:2018
- Fundamentals of Commercial Insurance (February 13, 2018)
- Blanket Property Policy Analysis Insurance (March 27, 2018)
- Builder's Risk Insurance (April 10, 2018)
- Business Income Insurance (June 21, 2018)
- Force Placed Insurance (July 10, 2018)
- CMF Insurance Policy, Review and Boiler/Machinery Insurance (September 5, 2018)
- Overview of CMF Insurance Compliance (October 18, 2018)
- Self-Insurance, Captives and Fronting (November 14, 2018)
- Fundamentals of Commercial Insurance (February 19, 2019)
- Self-Insurance and Reinsurance (March 19, 2019)
- Catastrophic Insurance (April 16, 2019)
- Ordinance or Law Insurance (June 18, 2019)
- Top Commercial Insurance Issues and Problems (July 16, 2019)
- General, Umbrella, and Prof. Liability Insurance (September 17, 2019)
- Overview of Commercial Insurance Compliance (October 15, 2019)
- Commercial Insurer Ratings and Property Claims (November 19, 2019)
Who Should Attend?Loan closers, servicers and others concerned with insurance matters, such as attorneys and consultants who work within the real estate industry.
Call begins on March 19, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.