Effective Internal Audit Function: The Fundamentals
|Member Price||(Before ) $1.00||$1.00||(After ) $1.00|
|Non-Member Price||(Before ) $299.00||$299.00||(After ) $299.00|
Join MBA Education and industry experts for part one of the Internal Audit webinar series. The continuing regulatory focus by the CFPB, the GSEs, and other investors has driven the need for mortgage companies to enhance their corporate governance structures by implementing effective internal audit functions. This function should not be confused with pre-funding and post-closing quality control reviews. It is a separate function and substantially more expansive, including all aspects of your organization.
Meeting regulatory expectations is not the only reason to implement an internal audit function; there are other benefits of making this investment including a better understanding of your operational and compliance risks, improvement of the control environment, opportunities for operational enhancements, and the potential for increased efficiencies and/or reduction of risks which could result in cost savings. This webinar will explore the best practices for structuring an internal audit function as well as how to develop and implement an internal audit plan.
Date:Thursday, January 30, 2020
Time:2:00-3:30 PM EST
This webinar is complimentary to MBA Members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.
Objectives and Topics:
- Regulatory oversight and expectations of internal audit
- The basic first steps of setting up an internal audit function
- The three lines of defense and how they inter-relate
- What an internal audit risk assessment is and why it is beneficial and required
- How to execute your audit plan
- Chris Ortigara, CMB, Director, CrossCheck Compliance LLC
- Heidi Wier, CFSA, Managing Director, CrossCheck Compliance LLC
Who Should Attend?
- Board of Directors, particularly any director on the audit committee
- Executive management including CEOs
- In-house counsel
- Internal audit and Compliance management
- Department heads (Operations, Servicing, QC, Capital Markets, Accounting/Finance)
Webinar is scheduled for Thursday, January 30, 2020 from 2:00 - 3:30 PM EST.
Login instructions will be sent to registered attendees in advance of the webinar.
All attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and materials shortly after the conclusion of the webinar.