Excel for Commercial Real Estate Finance Professionals
Excel for Commercial Real Estate Finance Professionals is an interactive webinar that will explore the ways in which to create a useful and powerful spreadsheet when analyzing commercial real estate. Using an office building case study, the webinar will demonstrate the steps taken to create a spreadsheet, project income and expenses over a holding period, integrate various commercial real estate formulas including but not limited to debt service, discounted cash flow analysis, NPV, IRR, MEY and demonstrate how to link two or more workbooks together. The webinar will utilize Adobe and the "Share My Screen" feature allowing the instructor to walk the participants through the steps to building the spreadsheet.
Thursday, January 25th, 2019
2-3:30 p.m. ET
Objectives:Attendees should expect to understand:
- Learn how to set up a spreadsheet using income and expense categories and project cash flow for a set holding period
- Learn how to integrate the spreadsheet with pertinent commercial real estate formulas
- Learn how to link the two or more spread sheets together
- Build a spreadsheet for an office building
- Project income and expenses for a 7 year holding period
- Value the property using yield capitalization
- Calculate annual debt service and provide an amortization schedule
- Calculate Performance ratios (LTV, DSC, Debt Yield, IRR, MEY)
- Provide roll over analysis
- Calculate principal balance at maturity
- Calculate tenant’s net effective rent
- Link two or more workbooks together
- Zachary Britton, AVP - Real Estate, MidCap Financial Services, LLC
Who Should Attend?This webinar is designed for individuals with little to no experience with Excel, but some familiarity with commercial real estate terminology is required. The course is open to college students, recent graduates and individuals working in the commercial real estate field including originators, analysts, loan processors, closers and servicers.
Call begins on July 25, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.