Introduction to Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities
|Member Price||(Before ) $1.00||$1.00||(After ) $1.00|
|Non-Member Price||(Before ) $299.00||$299.00||(After ) $299.00|
Join MBA Education and industry experts for a look at a critical component of commercial real estate financing, Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities. The goal of this course is to introduce the basic concept of commercial mortgage backed securities. The course discusses the concept of securitization, and the basic structure of CMBS. The formation of the tranches and individual pay levels as well as the risk levels associated with each tranche are reviewed. Rating agencies play a big role in the CMBS market and servicing is critical to the investor during the term of the security. The role of the rating agency and the various servicing platforms are included in the webinar. This complimentary webinar is a great supplement to MBA Education's Commercial Real Estate Basics series.
Date:Thursday, March 5, 2020
Time:2:00-3:30 PM EST
This webinar is complimentary to MBA Members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.
Objectives and Topics:
- Define CMBS
- Recall the advantage of CMBS over whole loans
- Describe the structure of CMBS
- Distinguish between the CMBS players
- Illustrate how tranches are formed and rated
- Define the role of the rating agency
- Differentiate between CMBS terminology
- Summarize CMBS servicers and servicing agreements
- Discussion of CMBS servicing
- Dan Phelan, CMB, CCMS, CRI, President & CEO, Pacific Southwest Realty Services
- Pat Sargent, Esq., Partner, Alston & Bird, LLP
Who Should Attend?
- Junior analysts
- Loan processors
- Loan closers
- Individuals seeking a career in commercial real estate
- Individuals who work in other areas of commercial real estate (marketing, law, appraisal, accounting) and want to learn more about commercial mortgage backed securities
- Individuals preparing for the CRI exams and are seeking a refresher of basic concepts and terminology
Webinar is scheduled for March 5, 2020 from 2:00 - 3:30 PM EST.
Login instructions will be sent to registered attendees in advance of the webinar.
All attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and materials shortly after the conclusion of the webinar.