Introduction To Internal Audits for Mortgage Bankers
Introduction to Internal Audits for Mortgage Bankers
Date:Thursday, June 7th, 2018
Time:2:00-3:30 PM EST
Internal audit is much more than quality control, and increasingly, regulators and the Agencies are requiring mortgage bankers to demonstrate that they have either an internal audit function or an outsourced provider for internal auditing. However, many Independent Mortgage Bankers have traditionally not staffed internal audit groups. This webinar will address the key requirements of a sound internal audit program for a mortgage banking company and more importantly, show how a strong internal audit program can reduce business risk, improve profitability, and increase market competitiveness.
This session will be devoted to companies who are just getting started with internal audit programs or those who are trying to formalize or broaden their existing internal audit programs.
Objectives:The following will be discussed at this webinar:
- Steps to start an internal audit function or to improve an existing one.
- How regulated financial institutions use internal audit and why independent mortgage bankers traditionally have not.
- Pitfalls and mistakes in setting up and managing internal audit.
- Important areas that should be subject to internal audit at mortgage banking companies.
- Michael D. McAuley, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
Who Should Attend?
- Mortgage Company CEOs and Bank CEOs.
- Mortgage division managers and mortgage company department managers.
- Internal audit managers.
- Directors of banks and private mortgage companies.
- Bank audit committee members.
- Compliance directors and general counsel.
Call begins on June 7, 2018 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.