LIBOR Transition: Preparations for Legal Professionals
|MBA Member Price||(Before ) $1.00||$1.00||(After ) $1.00|
|Non-Member Price||(Before ) $299.00||$299.00||(After ) $299.00|
One of the most significant transitions to occur in financial markets is the move to phase out LIBOR as the predominant interest rate benchmark. This transition, which will have major impacts on the mortgage industry - including the market for adjustable-rate mortgages - is moving full steam ahead, as LIBOR is expected to be discontinued at or near the end of 2021. Market participants of all types and sizes need to be prepared to handle changes that will be necessary for both new originations and legacy products.
In this session, participants will address the critical role to be played by legal professionals at mortgage originators, mortgage servicers, and other companies in the mortgage finance ecosystem. The legal risks associated with the LIBOR transition are both numerous and significant. Industry participants need to understand these risks and prepare for them well in advance of critical transition implementation dates.
Date:Tuesday, June 16, 2020
Time:2:00-2:30 PM ET
This webinar is complimentary to MBA members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.
Objectives and Topics:
- Understand the primary legal risks associated with the transition away from LIBOR
- Learn how to manage challenges associated with both new production and legacy products
- Become familiar with the key regulators managing various aspects of the transition
- Gain insight into ways to proactively prepare your company for a successful transition
- Dan Fichtler, Associate Vice President, Housing Finance Policy, MBA
- Jon Langlois, Partner, Buckley LLP
Who Should Attend?
Webinar is scheduled for Tuesday, June 16, 2020 from 2:00 - 2:30 PM ET.
Login instructions will be sent to registered attendees in advance of the webinar.
All attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and materials shortly after the conclusion of the webinar.