LO: Accountability Standards - After the 90 days?
Holding LOs accountable is more important than ever with operational expenses having skyrocketed to $9200 per loan. While accountability always has been a driver for successful sales team performance, it is now critical to the sales organization if it wants to survive these challenging times. The grim reality is that research shows that almost half of the managers are not good at holding their teams accountable. This webinar covers best practices in accountability for the mortgage originator sales position.
Date:Wednesday, November 13, 2019
Time:2:00-3:30 PM EST
This webinar is complimentary to MBA Members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.
Topics to be covered:
- What is Accountability and Common Myths in the 21st Century
- What does a Culture of Mediocrity looks like
- Why aren’t Sales Managers setting expectations & goals
- What Sales Activities lead to consistent Sales Results
- How to Define Clear Consequences & Rewards
- Impact to Top Producers when Accountability is not enforced
- Understanding the LO’s Motivations: The 8 Motivators that Count
- Manager’s Toolbox: On-boarding—the First 90 days
- Many other important topics that you don’t want to miss
- Pat Sherlock is President of QFS Sales Solutions, a sales improvement firm focused on increasing sales productivity through superior hiring and development of originators and managers. She is a leading expert in recruitment and management of originators.
Who Should Attend?
- All managers from branch, district, regional, divisional
- Senior executives
- HR executives
Call begins on November 13, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.