Monitoring Mortgage Servicing & Avoiding Surprises
As mortgage servicers face competitive challenges and increased regulatory and investor scrutiny, management must rely on internal systems to provide ongoing feedback on critical servicing components. Establishing internal monitoring systems should be an integral part of the management structure for all mortgage servicers. Preventing surprises that can result in significant operational, regulatory, reputational, and financial burdens, if not detected on a timely basis is just as critical.
Date:Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Time:2:00-3:30 PM EST
This webinar is complimentary to MBA Members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.
Topics to be covered:
- The unique and different roles of servicing quality assurance, servicing quality control, and servicing audits
- How servicing quality control requirements differ by investor
- The differences between quality assurance and quality control for servicing operations
- How mortgage companies have succeeded or failed in implementing the mortgage servicing rules
- Common servicing problems and how to avoid them
- Best practices for handling servicing transfers
- Effectively managing third party risk in servicing
- How to successfully transition from a small servicer to a large one
- Jim Shankle, CFSA, Managing Director, CrossCheck Compliance LLC
- Chris Ortigara, CMB®, CFP®, Director, CrossCheck Compliance LLC
Who Should Attend?
- Servicing managers
- Compliance officers
- Secondary market managers
- Business owners and CEOs
Call begins on October 1, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:30 PM EST.
Login instructions will be sent to registered attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.