Mortgage Accounting V: Cash Flow, MBS Prices, and IRLC Value
|Member Price||(Before ) $1.00||$1.00||(After ) $1.00|
|Non-Member Price||(Before ) $299.00||$299.00||(After ) $299.00|
This webinar is complimentary to MBA Members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.
For Non-Members interested in purchasing and attending multiple webinars in the Mortgage Accounting series, please use the promo code GROUP15 to receive 15% off.
Date:Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Time:2:00-3:30 PM EST
Mortgage Accounting Series Summary:
The Mortgage Accounting Series webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Mortgage Banking Solutions (MBS), a consulting firm servicing the residential mortgage lending industry. Join us as we delve into the fundamentals and complexities of mortgage accounting. The completion of this series will provide you with the information necessary to master this form of accounting. Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.
This session will dive deeper into the advanced accounting topics impacting mortgage lenders, including IRLC valuation methodology, techniques for cash flow forecasting, and tax liability implications.Series Schedule:
- Part I, Drilling into Mortgage Accounting - 3/11/20
- Part II, Loan Level Accounting - Essential For Survival - 3/18/20
- Part III, Hedging For Accountants - 3/25/20
- Part IV, Hedge Accounting and GAAP reporting - 4/8/20
- Part V, Cash and Capital Preservation - 4/15/20
- Benefits of Fair Value
- Margin Preservation
- Derivative Asset Valuation
- GAAP foundation in support of Transformational Costs
- Direct vs Indirect Costs
- Best Practices of IRLC Transformational Costs
- Applicability of Absorption Costing to Cost to Complete
- FASB EITF ongoing commentary on IRLC
- Implication of FAS 5 and FAS 91
- Federal Tax impact from IRLC methodology
- Dr. Andy Schell, Ph.D., CPA, CMB, Managing Partner, Mortgage Banking Solutions
- Theresa Marie, CIO & Managing Director, Strategic Technology & Operations, Mortgage Banking Solutions
Who Should Attend?Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.
Webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, April 15, 2020 from 2:00 - 3:30 PM EST.
Login instructions will be sent to registered attendees in advance of the webinar.
All attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and materials shortly after the conclusion of the webinar.