Navigating the LIBOR Transition Within the CRE Industry
Join MBA Education, Dechert LLP, and industry experts to discuss critical changes coming to our industry as a result of the LIBOR transition and how to begin successful transition planning for your organization. Set to expire by the end of 2021, the LIBOR has an enormous impact on the pricing of numerous types of loans. The transition away from LIBOR will directly impact commercial real estate given the large amount of floating rate lending that references the LIBOR index in pricing loans.
As training and proactive project management are essential for a successful and smooth transition, this discussion will give participants a basic understanding of the issues, the challenges, and what to expect going forward. Industry subject matter experts from MBA's LIBOR Outreach Committee and Dechert's Global Finance Practice will help you examine the issues, get a better sense for the size and scope of the transition, and what resources are available to help prepare for this change.
Date:Tuesday, October 8, 2019
Time:2:00-3:30 PM EST
This webinar is complimentary to MBA Members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.
Topics to be covered:
- Why the LIBOR index is going away and some of the uncertainties around how it might go away
- The key problems likely to be encountered managing transition
- Considerations around adding replacement rate fallback language now and in the run up to LIBOR termination
- Mobilizing your company to thrive through transition
- The role of the ARRC and ISDA in the transition and the significance of their actions
- Moderator: Andrew Foster, Director - Commercial/Multifamily Group, Mortgage Bankers Association
- Reena Pally, Portfolio Manager - Real Estate Debt Strategies, MetLife, Inc.
- Richard Jones, Esq., Partner, Dechert, LLP
- Karen Peterpaul, Consultant, McCracken Financial
- David Bowman, Senior Advisor, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve
Who Should Attend?
- Mortgage Bankers and Intermediaries
- Chief executives of CRE lenders, servicers, asset managers, and vendors
- General Counsels and legal teams
Call begins on October 8, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.