Real Estate Wire Transfer Fraud: Prevention Prior to Closing
|Member Price||(Before ) $1.00||$1.00||(After ) $1.00|
|Non-Member Price||(Before ) $299.00||$299.00||(After ) $299.00|
Buying a new home should be an exciting and unforgettable milestone for U.S. homebuyers. However, for more than 11,000 victims of real estate wire transfer fraud in the United States in 2018, it was a nightmare. Many lost their entire savings, as well as the new home they were trying to buy. Most never recovered a penny. The large down payments they mistakenly wired to a criminal's account were transferred overseas and never seen again.
Join MBA Education & Bruce Phillips, SVP & Chief Information Security at WFG National Title Insurance Company, for this informative webinar to highlight the current status of wire transfer fraud for consumers and businesses inside the real estate industry and discuss how mortgage lenders and all actors in the mortgage origination chain can help to prevent wire transfer fraud from taking place prior to closings.
Date:Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Time:2:00-3:30 PM ET
This webinar is complimentary to MBA members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.
Objectives and Topics:
- Projecting future losses based on previous annual reported losses due to cyber risk in real estate
- Understanding about the impact of privacy laws on data protection and data security
- Creating awareness for mortgage professionals to previous and current methods of email scams and when they are likely to occur
- Provide a framework for assessing cyber risks and developing action plans to address cyber risk
- Bruce Phillips, SVP & Chief Information Security Officer, WFG National Title Insurance Company
Who Should Attend?
Webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, February 19, 2020 from 2:00 - 3:30 PM EST.
Login instructions will be sent to registered attendees in advance of the webinar.
All attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and materials shortly after the conclusion of the webinar.