Single Security Initiative - What Lenders Need to Know
The Single Security Initiative is a joint initiative of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to develop a common mortgage-backed security (MBS) that will be issued by the GSEs to finance fixed-rate mortgage loans backed by one- to four-unit single-family properties. The goal of the Single Security initiative is to build a Common Securitization Platform (CSP), and to support FHFA's statutory obligation to ensure that the GSEs' operations and activities foster liquidity in the nation’s housing finance markets.
Starting this summer and with a likely implementation date in the second quarter of 2019, this topic will be front and center for our industry. Join MBA and leading industry experts for what will be the beginning of an ongoing conversation that will impact every mortgage lender and those that work in real estate finance.
Date:Wednesday, June 27th, 2018
Time:2:00-3:30 PM EST
This webinar is complimentary to MBA members. Please use the promo code WEBINAR upon checkout to receive this discount.
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- An overview of what is changing and when lenders can expect the changes to take place
- How the changes will impact your day-to-day operations
- What MBA has done and is doing to support the ongoing efforts
- Steps your company and staff need to take in the coming months to prepare
- Resources that are currently available to help better understand the changes
- Andrew Ball, Senior Vice President, BB&T
- Dan Fichtler, Director, Housing Finance Policy, MBA
- Robert Fishman, Senior Associate Director, Federal Housing Finance Agency
- Mike Fratantoni, Chief Economist & Senior Vice President, Research & Technology, MBA
- Mark Hanson, Senior Vice President, Freddie Mac
- Stephanie Milner, Capital Markets, Fannie Mae
- Renee Schultz, Senior Vice President, Fannie Mae
Who Should Attend?
- Mortgage Banking Executives
- Secondary and Capital Markets Executives and Managers
Call begins on June 27, 2018 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.