Twenty Performance Ratios Every Mortgage Banker Must Know
This webinar is part of MBA Education's "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series with Garrett, McAuley & Co.
The top performers in the mortgage banking industry have certain common characteristics, but they're not the ones that you might suspect (purchase vs. refinance, retail vs. wholesale, Government vs. conforming). Instead, they measure their performance. Mortgage bankers should be measuring dozens of functions in their businesses, but CEOs, CFOs, and senior managers should all know the key ratios for their companies at all times. Garrett, McAuley & Co. has developed a set of twenty key ratios that every senior management team should use as a diagnostic tool for their company. And we've added some new ratios and explanatory materials since last year's very popular webinar.
If your company is an average or weak performer (or if you don't know this), this webinar will help you figure out why you're not more profitable or are losing money. Even if your company is a top performer, this webinar will help you spot the early warning signs of serious trouble ahead. And we're not going to just offer you a bunch of ratios. Instead, we're going to tell you how to develop an action plan and how to organize your management team to implement the plan.
Attendees who register for 3 or more Garrett McAuley webinars in the "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series are eligible to receive a 10% discount off each webinar registration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive discount.
Wednesday, March 27th, 2019
Objectives:During this webinar, we'll address the following:
- The 20 key ratios that every CEO and other senior manager should know about their company and how to calculate them.
- Why each of these ratios is critical if you want to improve profitability or reduce risk.
- How to organize your management team to use these ratios as a diagnostic tool and how to develop an action plan to improve your business.
- How to customize this diagnostic tool to apply directly to your business, no matter which business model you use.
- Michael D. McAuley, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
- Joe Garrett, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
Who Should Attend?
- CEOs, COOs, and CFOs of private mortgage companies and banks with mortgage division.
- Mortgage company managers for production, secondary marketing, operations, and compliance.
- Senior managers and Board members for publicly-traded mortgage companies.
- Warehouse lenders, private equity firms, and others who provide funding to mortgage bankers.
- Analysts who follow the publicly-traded mortgage companies and the banks with large mortgage banking businesses.
- Private equity firms that invest in the mortgage banking or mortgage servicing sectors.
Mortgage Banking Management Series
The Mortgage Banking Management webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Garrett, McAuley & Co. Our goal is to help MBA members increase revenues, control cost and better manage risk. The series includes the following webinars:
1. Ten Things Your Company Must Do in 2019 (January 17, 2019)
2. Mortgage Lending in 2019: What the Heck Do I Do Now? (February 27, 2019)
3. Mortgage Bankers: Should You Join a Bank or Should You Buy One? (Tentative Date: March 14, 2019)
4. Twenty Performance Ratios Every Mortgage Banker Must Know (March 27, 2019)
5. Benchmarking Yourself as a Mortgage Lender (April 11, 2019)
6. Warehouse Lenders: Steps You Must Take in Today's Difficult Market (Tentative Date: May 7, 2019)
7. Introduction to Internal Audits for Mortgage Bankers (June 20, 2019)
8. Using Internal Audits to Detect Risk & Improve Profitability (June 27, 2019)
9. Bank-Owned mortgage Divisions (September 18, 2019)
10. Budgeting and Financial Planning for Non-Believers (October 16, 2019)
Call begins on March 27, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.