Twenty Performance Ratios Every Mortgage Banker Must Know
This webinar is part of MBA Education's "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series with Garrett, McAuley & Co.
The top performers in the mortgage banking industry have certain common characteristics, but they’re not the ones that you might suspect (purchase vs. refinance, retail vs. wholesale, Government vs. conforming). Instead, they measure their performance. Mortgage bankers should be measuring dozens of functions in their businesses, but CEOs, CFOs, and senior managers should all know the key ratios for their companies at all times. Garrett, McAuley & Co. has developed a set of ten key ratios that every senior management team should use as a diagnostic tool for their company. And we’ve added ten more ratios that you should also consider.
If your company is an average or weak performer (or if you don’t know this), this webinar will help you figure out why you're not more profitable. Even if your company is a top performer, this webinar will help you spot the early warning signs of serious trouble ahead. And we’re not going to just offer you a bunch of ratios. Instead, we’re going to tell you how to develop an action plan and how to organize your management team to implement the plan.
Attendees who register for 3 or more Garrett McAuley webinars in the "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series are eligible to receive a 10% discount off each webinar registration. Please contact email@example.com to receive discount.
Wednesday, February 27th, 2019
Objectives:The following will be discussed at this webinar:
- The twenty key ratios that every CEO and other senior manager should know about their company and how to calculate them.
- Why each of these ratios is critical if you want to improve profitability or reduce risk.
- How to customize this diagnostic tool to apply directly to your business, no matter which business model you use.
- How to organize your management team to use these ratios as a diagnostic tool and how to develop an action plan to improve your business.
- Michael D. McAuley, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
- Joe Garrett, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
Who Should Attend?
- CEOs of private mortgage companies and banks with mortgage divisions
- CFOs of mortgage companies and bank mortgage divisions
- Mortgage company managers for production, secondary marketing, and operations
- Senior managers and Board members for publicly traded mortgage companies
- Warehouse lenders - private equity firms and others who provide funding to mortgage bankers
- Analysts who follow the publicly traded mortgage companies and banks with large mortgage banking businesses
- Private equity firms that invest in the mortgage banking or mortgage servicing sectors
Mortgage Banking Management Series
The Mortgage Banking Management webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Garrett, McAuley & Co. Our goal is to help MBA members increase revenues, control cost and better manage risk. The series includes the following webinars:
1. Ten Things Your Company Must Do in 2019 (January 17, 2019)
2. Twenty Performance Ratios Every Mortgage Banker Must Know (February 27, 2019)
3. Warehouse Lending (March 14, 2019)
4. Bank-Owned mortgage Divisions (April 11, 2019)
5. Benchmarking Yourself as a Mortgage Lender (May 7, 2019)
6. Introduction to Internal Audits for Mortgage Bankers (June 20, 2019)
7. Using Internal Audits to Detect Risk & Improve Profitability (June 27, 2019)
8. Should you sell to a bank, go to work for a bank, or (let’s think big) buy a bank (August 21, 2019)
9. Budgeting and Financial Planning for Non-Believers (September 18, 2019)
10. End of the year webinar TBA
Call begins on February 27, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.