Using Internal Audits to Detect Risk & Improve Profitability
This webinar is part of MBA Education's "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series with Garrett, McAuley & Co.
Increasingly, regulators and agencies are requiring mortgage bankers to demonstrate that they have either an internal audit function or an outsourced provider for internal auditing. However, many independent mortgage bankers have traditionally not staffed internal audit groups. This webinar supplements the separate "Introduction to Internal Audits" webinar from the previous week and includes a large amount of new and updated information from last year's webinar. This webinar is for mortgage bankers who have recently established an internal audit program but who want to enhance it as their business has become more complex. We will address the key requirements of a sound internal audit program for a mortgage banking company and more importantly, show how a strong internal audit program can reduce business risk, improve profitability, and increase market competitiveness.
This session will be devoted to companies who have more established internal audit programs that their leaders would consider to be "intermediate level" rather than "advanced level."
Attendees who register for 3 or more Garrett McAuley webinars in the "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series are eligible to receive a 10% discount off each webinar registration. Please contact email@example.com to receive discount.
Thursday, June 27th, 2019
Objectives:The following will be discussed at this webinar:
- The benefits of internal audits in detecting financial and business risks and detecting them before a regulator does.
- How the top-performing mortgage bankers use internal audit to drive growth and improve profitability.
- General scope and recommended frequency of internal audits for each of the key areas of mortgage banking.
- Deciding when to use internal and external resources for internal audit: Case studies of successful practitioners.
- Examples of internal audit plans and tools to prioritize areas for internal audit based on risk to the business and impact on the business.
- Michael D. McAuley, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
- CEOs of private mortgage companies and banks with mortgage divisions.
- CFOs of mortgage companies and bank mortgage divisions.
- Mortgage company managers for production, secondary marketing, and operations.
- Senior managers and Board members for publicly traded mortgage companies.
- Warehouse lenders, private equity firms, and others who provide funding to mortgage bankers.
- Analysts who follow the publicly-traded mortgage companies and banks with large mortgage banking businesses.
- Private equity firms that invest in the mortgage banking or mortgage servicing sectors.
Who Should Attend?
Mortgage Banking Management Series
The Mortgage Banking Management webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Garrett, McAuley & Co. Our goal is to help MBA members increase revenues, control cost and better manage risk. The series includes the following webinars:
1. Ten Things Your Company Must Do in 2019 (January 17, 2019)
2. Mortgage Lending in 2019: What the Heck Do I Do Now? (February 27, 2019)
3. Mortgage Bankers: Should You Join a Bank or Should You Buy One? (Tentative Date: March 14, 2019)
4. Twenty Performance Ratios Every Mortgage Banker Must Know (March 27, 2019)
5. Benchmarking Yourself as a Mortgage Lender (April 11, 2019)
6. Warehouse Lenders: Steps You Must Take in Today's Difficult Market (Tentative Date: May 7, 2019)
7. Introduction to Internal Audits for Mortgage Bankers (June 20, 2019)
8. Using Internal Audits to Detect Risk & Improve Profitability (June 27, 2019)
9. Bank-Owned mortgage Divisions (September 18, 2019)
10. Budgeting and Financial Planning for Non-Believers (October 16, 2019)
Call begins on June 20, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.