Wholesale Lending: How Wholesalers Set Their "Street Price"
If you don't have an MBA profile, please contact the Registration Team at (800) 793-6222, option 2.
This webinar will educate mortgage brokers and wholesalers on how mortgage wholesalers price loans based on the price they get from the investor for the loan, and the servicing rights on the loan. It will focus on the integral role the Mortgage Broker plays in the MSR (Mortgage Servicing Rights) value chain. You will get an overview of what happens from origination of the loan all the way through the servicing of the loan. We will discuss the secondary mortgage market functions that take place during the initial creation of the MSR and what an MSR is an example of the fee and its components. We will also touch on the asset class from an investor’s point of view and discuss the various entities that play a role in the life cycle of an MSR. We will briefly discuss the secondary market for MSRs and various deal structures. We will finish with the valuation components of an MSR and the key sensitivities of value.
This webinar is complimentary to MBA members and non-members. Please use the promo code WEBINAR upon checkout to receive this discount.
Wednesday, July 17th, 2019
2:00-3:30 p.m. EST
Objectives:Attendees will learn:
- An overview of the Secondary Mortgage Market and the initial creation of the MSR
- An overview of what an MSR is and an example of the fee and its components
- An overview of the asset class and the various entities that play a role in the life cycle of an MSR
- An overview of who buys and who sells MSRs and various deal structures
- An overview of how MSR buyers think about Wholesale originated MSRs vs retail originated MSRs
- The role of recapture in MSR value
- The dynamics of how EPO protection periods and how increased prepayment activity after the end of the EPO period affects MSR value
- Who "owns" the customer after the loan is originated?
- Michael Lau, CMB, CEO, Pingora Asset Management
- John Seroka, Principal, Seroka Brand Development
- Tamara King, Vice President of Residential Policy & Member Engagement, MBA
Who Should Attend?
- Wholesale Lender Staff
- Broker Owners
- Mortgage Loan Originators and MLO Assistants
- Branch Managers
- Mortgage Brokers
Call begins on July 17, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.