CS_S_200 Asset Management in CMF Lending
Member Price: $119.00
Nonmember Price: $169.00
Product Code: DL2-001024-WC-WPurchase
This is a commercial/multifamily series course, a component of the Level II Commercial Servicing Certificate Program.
In the most general of terms, asset management is the professional management of an asset or group of assets to meet specified goals for the benefit of lenders, investors, and borrowers. In the case of commercial/multifamily lending, the assets are commercial real property and the loans that secure them. Asset management is one of the most important functions of the commercial servicer.
Designed for commercial/multifamily mortgage servicing professionals with 4-7 years of experience, Asset Management in CMF Lending provides critical concepts for making management-level decisions related to asset management functions. It begins with an overview of the asset management function: what it is, what tools servicers use to perform asset management functions, who the participants are, and ethical considerations related to asset management.
Next, it examines critical concepts to property operations including property surveillance, the purpose and use of operating statements, why and how to perform property inspections, and how the role of the servicer in managing real estate taxes and insurance. The series then addresses how asset management considerations affect the way servicers handle various types of borrower requests, from fairly common requests such as reserve draws and lease reviews to special requests such as assumptions and partial releases. The final course addresses asset management considerations in the handling of default, bankruptcy, foreclosure, and REO.
Upon completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Define asset management and describe the role of the servicer in performing asset management functions.
- Explain the servicer's responsibilities in performing property surveillance.
- Describe how asset management considerations affect the way a servicer should respond to common borrower requests.
- Identify how asset management considerations affect the way a servicer should respond to special borrower requests.
- State how asset management considerations affect the way a servicer handles default.
Asset Management in CMF Loan Servicing
- Goals of Asset Management
- Participants in Asset Management
- Servicer's Role
- Asset Management Tools
- Interview With an Asset Management Expert
Monitoring CMF Property Operations
- Introduction to Property Surveillance
- Financial Statements
- Property Inspections
Common CMF Borrower Requests
- Introduction to Borrower Requests
- Reserve Draws
- Lease Reviews and Subordination Requests
- Ground Leases
- Property Management Changes
- Budget Approvals
Special CMF Borrower Requests
- Subordinate Financing
- Modifications and Extensions
- Partial Releases
- Property Substitution
CMF Default Management
- Default Fundamentals
- Default Collection Strategies
- Real Estate Owned