CS_S_204 CMF Servicer Surveillance
Member Price: $119.00
Nonmember Price: $169.00
Product Code: DL2-001021-WC-WPurchase
PLEASE NOTE: MBA Education will be transitioning to a new learning platform in June 2020. We strongly suggest that you complete your course(s) before Friday, June 19, 2020. Progress in any courses that are not completed as of the transition date will be lost and you will need to start from the beginning of your course(s) in the new platform.
If you think you will be unable to complete your courses before Friday, June 19, we recommend that you delay your registration until the transition is complete.This course is only for purchase through a corporate training agreement OR through the purchase of the Level I package of the Commercial Servicing Certificate Program
This is a commercial/multifamily series course, a component of the Level I Commercial Servicing Certificate Program.
Commercial/Multifamily (CMF) Servicer Surveillance explores the commercial/multifamily servicer's role of monitoring the anticipated and unanticipated issues or events that may impact the performance of a commercial/multifamily mortgage loan. The servicer's underlying goal is to collect and communicate loan information that will enable interested parties to protect the value of the property as collateral for the mortgage loan.
The series begins with a general introduction course that discusses servicer loan level surveillance; defining and describing the servicer's surveillance responsibilities as well as the tools used in this process. The following course addresses loan surveillance including the borrower's requirements and tax, insurance, and reserve escrows. Next, there is a course on property surveillance that covers risks related to various property types, property inspections, special property considerations, and tenants.
The next course deals with performance surveillance which includes financial statement analysis, monetary default, non-monetary default, and triggers and compliance tests.
The series ends with a course explaining how the servicer communicates surveillance findings to the appropriate parties and steps they may take in response to surveillance findings.
Upon completion of this series, learners should be able to:
- Define surveillance and describe the servicer's basic responsibilities in performing loan-level surveillance.
- Outline the servicer's role in monitoring compliance with the loan document terms.
- Recall the servicer's role in monitoring the collateral.
- Describe the servicer's role in monitoring loan performance.
- Explain how servicers communicate surveillance findings and steps they may take in response to surveillance findings.
CMF Surveillance Fundamentals
- Introduction to CMF Surveillance
- CMF Surveillance Tools
- The Servicer's Role in CMF Surveillance
- CMF Surveillance Ethics
CMF Loan Surveillance
- Borrower Performance
- Real Estate Taxes
- Property Insurance
- Other CMF Loan Surveillance Items
CMF Property Surveillance
- Risks Related to Property Type
- Property Inspections
- Special Property Considerations
CMF Performance Surveillance
- Performance Surveillance Fundamentals
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Monetary Default
- Non-Monetary Default
- Triggers and Compliance Tests
Communicating CMF Surveillance Findings
- Watchlist Reporting
- Rating Agencies
- Next Steps