Appraisal I: Evaluating Collateral Risk
Member Price: $49.00
Nonmember Price: $79.00
Product Code: DL2-011523-WC-WPurchase
Live webinar held on January 29, 2019.
Summary: When it comes to signing off on an appraisal report by the underwriter it’s not all about value. Instead, underwriters use appraisals to determine overall risk exposure and risk appetite for a given property. This session dives into the various physical, economic, governmental and social risk factors that tend to adversely impact collateral risk. This session will cover some of the typical GSE property eligibility and appraisal requirements used to identify and reduce collateral risk on non-conforming properties. All of which contribute to the role the appraisal plays in the underwriter’s collateral risk assessment. The session will close with helpful tips and best practices on what to do if a known risk factor has not been properly addressed within the appraisal report.
For those interested in purchasing and attending multiple webinars in the Appraisal webinar series, please use the promo code GROUP15 to receive 15% off.
Appraisal Webinar Series:
Join MBA Education for the Appraisal Webinar Series on the following dates:
- Appraisal I: Evaluating Collateral Risk - 1/29/19
- Appraisal II: Pros & Cons of Various Valuation Products - 2/28/19
- Appraisal III: Revisions, Reconsiderations & Rebuttals - 3/28/19
- Appraisal IV: Latest Developments in USPAP - 4/30/19
Attendees should expect to understand:
- The meaning of collateral risk and its potential impact over the life of a loan
- Different risk factors to look when reviewing an appraisal report
- The Various property eligibility guidelines and appraisal requirements used to identify and reduce collateral risk on non-conforming properties
- The role the appraisal plays in the underwriter's collateral risk assessment
- Heather Sullivan, Sr. Leader of Appraiser Education, Corelogic
Who Should Attend?
- Loan Officers
- Loan Officer Assistants
- Any other intended user of appraisal products & services