CE: False Claims Act Update
Member Price: $0.00
Nonmember Price: $79.00
Product Code: DL2-011375-WC-WPurchase
Live webinar held on May 28, 2019.
"Treble Damages mean Triple Trouble"
The U.S. Department of Justice has been aggressively pursuing False Claims Act violations through dozens of cases over the last several years, and billions of dollars have been won since 2012. There have not been any signals with the new administration that this may ease. Please join MBA Compliance Essentials as it examines this risk of liability for mortgage lenders, as industry experts on this subject cover the topic from both a production and servicing point of view.
This program will sensitize attendees to the inherent risks and offer valuable insights as to steps to take to contain such risks by covering:
- The False Claims Act requirements;
- Findings that have given rise to Lender Liability;
- Measures Lenders can implement to avoid becoming an FCA statistic;
- Recent FCA actions against Lenders that have involved Servicing and Reverse Mortgages; and
- Servicing aspects of recent investigations
- Phillip L. Schulman, Partner, Mayer Brown
- Krista Cooley, Partner, Mayer Brown
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance Managers and Staff
- Operations Personnel
- In-House Counsel
- Tech Vendors