CE: Regulatory Considerations for HELOCs
Member Price: $0.00
Nonmember Price: $79.00
Product Code: DL2-011452-WC-WPurchase
Live webinar held on May 22, 2019.
Join this MBA Compliance Essentials webinar for a discussion of the regulatory "rules of the road" for home equity lines of credit ("HELOCs"). A rising interest rate environment and appreciating home values have renewed consumer interest in HELOCs as a way to access home equity. This webinar will provide an overview of HELOCs, how they differ from closed-end first mortgage loans and junior lien home equity loans, and the regulatory framework for the origination and servicing of HELOCs. This interactive webinar will be a great opportunity to get your questions answered and hear from your peers.
- Common features of a HELOC, e.g. draw and repayment periods, types of access devices, payment requirements during the draw and repayment periods, interest rates, fixed rate conversion options, etc.;
- Limitations on a lender's ability to terminate a HELOC and demand repayment;
- Limitations on a lender's ability to suspend draw privileges, reduce the credit limit, or make other changes to the account;
- The federal regulations that do (and do not) apply to HELOCs; and
- State law HELOC regulation, including what a lender must do to preserve the lien priority of future advances.
- Jed Mayk, Partner, Hudson Cook LLP
Who Should Attend?
- Origination and Servicing Compliance Managers and Staff
- Operations Personnel
- Internal Audit
- In-House Counsel