CE: Update on Recent Class Action & Private Litigation
Member Price: $0.00
Nonmember Price: $79.00
Product Code: DL2-011469-WC-WPurchase
Complimentary to MBA Members. Live webinar held on October 2, 2018.
Class action and private litigation affecting the mortgage industry abound. Join MBA Compliance Essentials for a discussion on cases with particular implications for the mortgage finance industry. Hear from legal experts as they review the latest developments and trends, and discuss recent class action and private litigation, and what you should be on the lookout for in 2019. Our legal experts will be prepared to respond to your questions and share insights on the policies and procedures you need to be implementing in order to remain in compliance and run a productive business.
Objectives:This following will be discussed during the webinar:
- Recent developments around class action waivers, including Epic Systems
- American Pipe tolling Supreme Court decision and recent lower court decisions
- Trends in TCPA class actions and litigation, including the redefinition of ATDS by the 2nd and 3rd Circuit Courts
- Recent increase in FCRA litigation
- Artin Betpera, Senior Counsel, Womble Bond Dickinson LLP
- Stephen Fogdall, Partner, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP
- Daniel JT McKenna, Partner, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Jeff Pilgrim, Partner, Pilgrim Christakis LLP
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance Managers and Staff
- Operations Personnel
- In-House Counsel
- Tech Vendors