De-mystifying Debt Funds and Their Role in CRE Finance
Member Price: $0.00
Nonmember Price: $79.00
Product Code: DL2-011488-WC-WPurchase
Live webinar held on January 30, 2019.
Summary:One of the more interesting trends this real estate cycle has been the growth of debt funds. While debt funds have come into their own as a mainstream source of capital for commercial real estate finance, other capital sources also occasionally leverage their strategy by investing in funds or even acquiring funds. For many, they simply must compete against these new players and the large amounts of capital they have raised and seek to deploy for various strategies.
This webinar will investigate debt funds, their growth in commercial real estate finance over the past years and their implications for the wider commercial real estate finance ecosystem.
Date:Wednesday, January 30, 2019
Time:2:00-3:30 PM EST
Attendees should expect to understand:
- Characteristics of debt funds including size, scale and various strategies
- Impacts on commercial real estate finance markets
- Unique challenges with respect to asset management of loans commonly made or acquired by debt funds
- Who typically invests in debt funds? What are common funding strategies employed?
- Scott Schwartz, Head of Commercial Real Estate, Marathon Asset Management
- Steven Schwartz, Managing Director, H.I.G. Capital/Bayside Capital
- Trey Smith, Managing Director, Trimont Real Estate Advisors
Who Should Attend?
- Associate members engaging with debt fund clients and/or competitors
- Anyone developing business plans for commercial real estate markets
- Junior or mid-level staff working at debt funds or any other capital sources
- Mortgage Bankers, Mortgage Brokers, Servicers, Asset Managers, Producers