Mortgage Accounting (A): Drilling Into Mortgage Accounting
Member Price: $0.00
Nonmember Price: $79.00
Product Code: DL2-011396-WC-WPurchase
Live webinar held on March 20, 2019.
MBA Members can receive 15% off by registering for the entire webinar recording series by using the promotional code GROUP15 upon checkout.
The Mortgage Accounting Series webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Mortgage Banking Solutions (MBS), a consulting firm servicing the residential mortgage lending industry. Join us as we delve into the fundamentals and complexities of mortgage accounting. The completion of this series will provide you with the information necessary to master this form of accounting. Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.
Session I of this series will introduce attendees to the foundational concepts within mortgage accounting.
- Mortgage Accounting (A): Drilling into Mortgage Accounting
- Mortgage Accounting (B): Loan Level Accounting
- Mortgage Accounting (C): Hedging For Accountants
- Mortgage Accounting (D): Hedge Accounting and GAAP Reporting
Attendees should expect to understand:
- Purpose of Accounting
- Measurement & Meaningful Results
- The Mortgage Road: How it Works
- Mortgage Lending Process Flow: How it Fits Together
- Performance Metrics & KPIs
- Operational & Financial Risks
- Regulatory Framework: Alphabet Soup
- Servicing and Subservicing
- CFPB Bulletins: Capital Impairment Risk
- Operational Infrastructure: Systems that Work
- GAAP - Rules of the Road
- The Audit and your CPA
- Andy Schell, CPA, CMB, CFF, Managing Partner, Mortgage Banking Solutions
- Theresa Marie, CIO & Managing Director, Strategic Technology & Operations, Mortgage Banking Solutions
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.