Mortgage Accounting (B): Loan Level Accounting
Member Price: $0.00
Nonmember Price: $79.00
Product Code: DL2-011397-WC-WPurchase
Live webinar held on May 27, 2019.
MBA Members can receive 15% off by registering for the entire webinar recording series by using the promotional code GROUP15.
The Mortgage Accounting Series webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Mortgage Banking Solutions (MBS), a consulting firm servicing the residential mortgage lending industry. Join us as we delve into the fundamentals and complexities of mortgage accounting. The completion of this series will provide you with the information necessary to master this form of accounting. Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.
Session II presents the basics of full transaction based loan accounting that tracks all the revenue, expense, assets and liabilities associated with the closing and sale of a mortgage loan. The structure of accounting methods presented in this session is a requirement to comply with the reporting demands of the NMLS Call Report.
- Mortgage Accounting (A): Drilling into Mortgage Accounting
- Mortgage Accounting (B): Loan Level Accounting
- Mortgage Accounting (C): Hedging For Accountants
- Mortgage Accounting (D): Hedge Accounting and GAAP Reporting
Attendees should expect to understand:
- Measurement and Productivity
- Chart of Accounts - Foundation for Reporting
- Document Flow for Loan Level Accounting
- Journal Entry Basics: Loan Closing & Loan Sale
- Data Source - Accuracy is Key
- Documentation for Loan Closing/Funding & Loan Sale
- Journal Entries Example: Loan Closing & Loan Sale
- First Payments: FDCPA & CFPB
- Reconcile the Balance Sheet
- Month End Reports
- Technology: Essential for Accurate Accounting
- Financial Forecasting: Cash-Flow Predictability
- Andy Schell, CPA, CMB, CFF, Managing Partner, Mortgage Banking Solutions
- Theresa Marie, CIO & Managing Director, Strategic Technology & Operations, Mortgage Banking Solutions
Who Should Attend?
This session is recommended for Controllers, Mortgage Accountants, Secondary Marketing managers, CPAs, and CFOs. Business owners, executive management, and anyone who desires to gain a deeper knowledge of mortgage accounting.