Mortgage Accounting (C): Hedging For Accountants
Member Price: $49.00
Nonmember Price: $79.00
Product Code: DL2-011398-WC-WPurchase
Live webinar held on April 3, 2019.
MBA Members can receive 15% off by registering for the entire webinar recording series by using the promotional code GROUP15.
The Mortgage Accounting Series webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Mortgage Banking Solutions (MBS), a consulting firm servicing the residential mortgage lending industry. Join us as we delve into the fundamentals and complexities of mortgage accounting. The completion of this series will provide you with the information necessary to master this form of accounting. Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.
Session III provides an overview of pipeline hedging and the financial reporting complexity generated by hedging transactions. This is a complex topic that is recommended for Controllers, Mortgage Accountants, Secondary Marketing managers, CPAs, CFOs, business owners, executive management, and anyone who desires to gain a more in depth knowledge of hedging and hedge accounting.
- Mortgage Accounting (A): Drilling into Mortgage Accounting
- Mortgage Accounting (B): Loan Level Accounting
- Mortgage Accounting (C): Hedging For Accountants
- Mortgage Accounting (D): Hedge Accounting and GAAP Reporting
Attendees should expect to understand:
- Purpose of Hedging & Definitions
- Pull-Thru/ Fall-Out & Lock Registration
- Value Preservation & Hedging Off-Set
- Optionality & Prepayment Speeds
- Convexity & Non-Linear Price Change
- Measurement of Hedge Results
- Hedge Complexity & Position Recommendation
- Margin Preservation & When it all Works
- Mandatory Spread over Best Effort
- Model Validation & Reference Tools
- Andy Schell, CPA, CMB, CFF, Managing Partner, Mortgage Banking Solutions
- Theresa Marie, CIO & Managing Director, Strategic Technology & Operations, Mortgage Banking Solutions
Who Should Attend?
This is a complex topic that is recommended for Controllers, Mortgage Accountants, Secondary Marketing managers, CPAs, CFOs, business owners, executive management, and anyone who desires to gain a more in depth knowledge of hedging and hedge accounting.