Mortgage Lending in 2019: What the Heck Do I Do Now?
Member Price: $0.00
Nonmember Price: $79.00
Product Code: DL2-011491-WC-WPurchase
Live webinar held on February 27, 2019.
This webinar is part of MBA Education's Garrett, McAuley & Co. Mortgage Banking Management Webinar Series.
You've tried everything, and nothing works. You've cut expenses, had multiple rounds of layoffs, gone on an LO hiring spree, tried every idea imaginable, and you're still not making money. You ask yourself, "Should I hang in there, partner with someone, sell the company, or just shut it down before I lose even more of my capital? What the heck should I do now?"
Mortgage banking hasn't gotten any easier over the past few years, and many mortgage bankers think the business has never been worse, including in 2008. Many mortgage companies continue to be unprofitable. Margins are way down and seem to be going even lower, and cutting commissions may mean the LOs walk. Slashing expenses makes sense, but how far can you cut before you're cutting muscle instead of fat? And even after all that, it's still hard to be competitive with some of the crazy competitors who seem to be originating loans at a loss.
This webinar is all about the difficult decisions that you face to get back to profitability. We'll focus on the issues that matter, the necessary trade-offs, which tactics seem to be working in the industry and which ones aren't, and some of the strategic choices you may never have considered.
Discounts:Attendees who register for 3 or more Garrett McAuley webinars in the "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series are eligible to receive a 10% discount off each webinar registration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org receive discount. Objectives:
During this webinar, we'll discuss the following:
- Characteristics shared by the profitable companies in today's market.
- What each of your key senior managers should be doing to improve your company's performance.
- The right approach to cost cutting and breakeven analysis.
- How to move lots of fixed expenses into variable ones.
- Thinking about the unthinkable: How some companies have successfully switched from mandatory to best efforts, cut costs, and not hurt their revenue.
- How to get rid of your compliance department, outsource it, and save big money.
- Why you should stop trying to fix your old model and maybe design a new one.
- How liquidity should be measured and managed.
- Successful approaches for hiring LOs and managing their performance and compensation.
- The three things that indicate you really need to sell your company or shut it down.
- Three reasons why you should try to hold on and not sell.
- Two myths about selling your mortgage company and why you might regret doing so.
- Michael D. McAuley, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
- Joe Garrett, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
Who Should Attend?
- Senior Officers of mortgage companies, including owners, CEOs, COOs, CFOs, and Operations Managers.
- Warehouse lenders.
- Bank CEOs, CFOs, and Mortgage Division managers.
- Directors and major shareholders of Banks and mortgage companies.
- Private equity managers and industry analysts.
- Warehouse lenders.
Mortgage Banking Management Series
The Mortgage Banking Management webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Garrett, McAuley & Co. Our goal is to help MBA members increase revenues, control cost and better manage risk. The series includes the following webinars:
1. Ten Things Your Company Must Do in 2019 (January 17, 2019)
2. Mortgage Lending in 2019: What the Heck Do I Do Now? (February 27, 2019)
3. Mortgage Bankers: Should You Join a Bank or Should You Buy One? (Tentative Date: March 14, 2019)
4. Twenty Performance Ratios Every Mortgage Banker Must Know (March 27, 2019)
5. Benchmarking Yourself as a Mortgage Lender (April 11, 2019)
6. Warehouse Lenders: Steps You Must Take in Today's Difficult Market (Tentative Date: May 7, 2019)
7. Introduction to Internal Audits for Mortgage Bankers (June 20, 2019)
8. Using Internal Audits to Detect Risk & Improve Profitability (June 27, 2019)
9. Bank-Owned mortgage Divisions (September 18, 2019)
10. Budgeting and Financial Planning for Non-Believers (October 16, 2019)