UCC Foreclosure Sales & Borrower Default Remedy Options
Member Price: $0.00
Nonmember Price: $79.00
Product Code: DL2-011484-WC-WPurchase
Live webinar held on February 5, 2019.
Many lenders are not familiar with the full range of remedies available after a borrower defaults on a secured obligation. Foreclosures of liens under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code can be a complex gauntlet to navigate with various points of liability. With the great recession well behind us, but interest rates on the rise, it is more important than ever that lenders understand the full spectrum of remedies available under Article 9 foreclosure sales, as well as the inherent risks. This program will discuss the UCC foreclosure sale process, strict foreclosures and potential bankruptcy implications. Bankers and real estate professionals should attend to obtain the most current information and develop a full understanding of this process.
Attendees can expect to understand:
- Learn the basic provisions of the UCC applicable to foreclosure sales of personal property
- Learn the step by step process of conducting a UCC foreclosure sale
- Learn how missteps in the UCC foreclosure process can lead to damages against the lender
- Learn the Bankruptcy Code’s impact on the UCC foreclosure sale process
- Jim Berg, Partner, Parker Ibrahim & Berg LLP
- Jeffrey D. Adams, Partner, Parker Ibrahim & Berg LLP
- Fred Hoensch, Partner, Parker Ibrahim & Berg LLP
- Mitchell Kurtz, Partner, Parker Ibrahim & Berg LLP
Who Should Attend?
- Community bankers
- Secured Lenders
- Newly admitted attorneys
- Collection departments