MBA Education Policies
We're Here to Help! If you have any questions about your current enrollment into an MBA Education program or would like to learn more before you enroll, please contact us by phone at (800) 793-6222, option 2 (Monday-Friday, 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. ET) or by email.
Live Online or In-Person Courses - Cancellation, Transfer (same student, different class), Substitution (different student, same class), or Extensions
- Requests received 30 days before course start date: Full refund for cancellation and no fee for course transfer or substitution.
- Requests received between 8-29 days before course start date:
- Transfer or substitution: No fee
- Student-initiated cancellation: Refund of 75% of the course registration fee
- Requests received 7 days or less before course start date: No refund, transfer, or substitution allowed.
- One transfer (only) is allowed, and the replacement course has to be identified at time of request, as MBA is not able to hold funds for student.
- Transfer must be to the same course program. For example, a student can transfer from School of Mortgage Banking I – July to School of Mortgage Banking I – August, but cannot transfer from School of Mortgage Banking I to School of Mortgage Banking II.
- Onsite substitutions are not permitted for in-person classes.
- Substitutions must be for the same course offering. For example, John Lender can replace Jane Lender for School of Mortgage Banking I – July, but cannot change the enrollment from School of Mortgage Banking I – July to School of Mortgage Banking I – August.
- In the event MBA Education cancels a program, student will be refunded 100% of registration fees paid. MBA Education assumes no liability for any fees related to student travel.
- MBA Education recommends waiting until after receiving our registration confirmation email before making any travel arrangements. MBA assumes no liability for any penalty fees on airline tickets, deposits for hotel accommodations, or any other fees, charges, penalties, or other incidental costs that a registrant might incur.
- If a student is not able to complete the required coursework or assessments prior to the expiration of the course, please contact your Training Coordinator. Extension requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to ensure fairness of the program.
A web-based course can be fully refunded within 7 days of enrollment if the student has not completed the examination.
All webinar purchases are considered final at the time of purchase.
Extensions and Additional Exam Attempts
- Education is able to grant one automatic extension of three weeks and one additional exam attempt. Please contact [email protected] to receive your one-time complimentary extension or exam attempt. Any subsequent extensions or exam attempts may be subject to a fee and must be approved by a member of the MBA Education team. Please contact [email protected] to request additional extensions or exam attempts.
Level I and II Exemptions
The MBA strongly encourages students complete all levels of education structured for earning the designation sought after. However, for certain professionals with a demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of mortgage lending and five or more
years of industry experience, exemptions from coursework requirements are available for Levels I and II certificates within the following programs:
- Certified Residential Underwriter (CRU)
- Residential Certified Mortgage Servicer (RCMS)
- Certified Mortgage Compliance Professional (CMCP)
Other exemption details:
- If approval is granted, the student must complete the written exam within three (3) months.
- A passing grade of at least 75% is required on the first attempt. (No manual review will be available.) If a passing score is not achieved with the first attempt, completion of all courses specific to the program and level is required to earn the desired certificate.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions related to our certification and designation programs.