FHA/HUD Multifamily Policy
It is critical to maintain FHA as an efficient source of financing to support rental apartments and residential healthcare facilities.
In connection with FHA multifamily and healthcare programs, MBA will advocate for:
- stable and sufficient resources and commitment authority to support both workforce and affordable rental housing;
- reduction of regulatory barriers, including statutory loan limits that are consistent with the current economic environment;
- private flood insurance acceptance rules for FHA borrowers that are in harmony with banking agency rules;
- a simplified and streamlined LIHTC program; continued transformation of HUD operations, with opportunity for ongoing industry input;
- flexibility in HUD underwriting, production, and asset management; improved efficiency, integration, and effectiveness of HUD’s technology infrastructure; and
- the disruptive application of Davis-Bacon prevailing wage rate requirements and HUD processing queue challenges.
RELATED: Read our Davis-Bacon Issue Brief.
Recent MBA Activity Related to FHA/HUD Multifamily Policy
MBA Comment Letter to HUD on Changes in Branch Office Registration Requirements
HUD Section 8 HAP Joint Comment Letter
MBA Feedback on Principles for Climate-Related Financial Risk Management for Large Financial Institutions
MBA Letter to HUD-FHA on Insured Mortgages for Multifamily Properties
MBA Coalition Letter to HUD on Updating Large Loan Policy for FHA Multifamily
MBA Summary of the FHFA 2022-2023 Multifamily Housing Goals NPRM
MBA Joint Letter to DOL on Davis-Bacon Regulations
MBA Joint Letter to HUD on FHA Multifamily Processing Delays
MBA Letter to FHA on FFB Program Reauthorization
Joint Letter to Senate Banking Committee on Rental Assistance
Related MBA Events
Basics of Commercial Loan Closing and Loan Documentation
Commercial Real Estate Basics: Introduction to Commercial/Multifamily Loan Servicing: June 2023
MAA Quarterly Webinar: Townhall Legislative Update
Make the Most of Your CREF Membership - June 2023
School of Multifamily Mortgage Banking: June 2023: Charlotte, NC
Reference Guide: Commercial and Multifamily
Property Inspection Reports
Join MBA’s FHA Committee or participate in its working groups.
For more information, please contact Stephanie Milner at (504) 715-3569