State Legislative and Regulatory Resources
MBA's engagement on state and local policy issues generally occurs in collaboration with state and local mortgage banking associations around the country. Thus, the State Legislative and Regulatory Resource Center is designed for state
and local associations and mortgage banking professionals to stay abreast of state and local legislative and regulatory matters affecting the real estate finance industry.
The Resource Center serves as a central repository for MBA's state and local information and documents, including issue briefs and larger issue white papers, issue-specific web pages and key public policy website links. The Resource Center's many tools are designed to not only assist state and local associations in providing value to their members, but also to help engage their members in the advocacy discussions in their state. State and local association leaders are encouraged to bookmark this page and to make suggestions to MBA for ways to improve its contents.
Key Resources for State MBAs:
- Mortgage Action Alliance, Inc. (MAA) State Advocacy Resource Center
- MBA State Legislative and Regulatory Committee Information and Enrollment
- "Statement of Principles" on Homeowners Association Super Priority Liens
- "Principles to Expedite the Foreclosure Process for Vacant and Abandoned Properties"
- State and Local Mortgage Banking Associations
- MBA State Data Sheets
- Links to State Legislatures
- Links to State Mortgage Banking Regulators (Agency Websites and Industry Licensing)
- Links to State Policymaker Groups and Associations
State Legislative Database (MBA Member Benefit)
Powered by Leonine FOCUS, the database, an MBA member-only benefit, is a comprehensive online resource for members to review state legislation twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Every third Wednesday of the month, MBA hosts a State Legislative Database training. The training is a free member benefit and will walk participants through a variety of the Database's functions, including how to:
- Search and track bills;
- Set up watch lists and email alerts; and
- Access the legislative glossary for plain-language interpretations
Please contact Anthony Siller if you would like to attend a future training session.