CMB Point Calculator
CMB® Points - Getting to 150. All CMB candidates must accumulate 150 points from the following three categories: Professional Experience, Documented Education, and Industry Participation. Candidates must complete the CMB coursework within three years from the date of enrollment. Once we have your resume and/or transcript update form, we can evaluate your current point status and provide you with a personalized plan to help you complete this step of the program.
Below is a list of the three point categories and the activities/events that will earn points in those categories. You don’t have to worry about tracking these – the MBA Education Professional Development Transcript will assist you in monitoring your progress through the program. You can request your transcript by emailing [email protected].
Professional Experience. This is any employment experience you have acquired, provided it was with a mortgage banking (or industry related) employer. You need a minimum of 25 points in this category and can use a maximum of 75 points toward your 150 point minimum. Here is how your experience is calculated:
- Employment with a MBA member firm (5 points per year)
- Employment with a Nonmember firm (3 points per year)
Documented Education. This category relates to your educational background. You need a minimum of 35 points in this category and can use a maximum of 75 points toward your 150 minimum. Here are ways to accumulate education points:
- Undergraduate Degree (15 points)
- Masters, MBA, JD—must be finance related (10 points)
- MBA Education's School of Mortgage Banking Course I (15 points)
- MBA Education's School of Multifamily Mortgage Banking (15 points)
- MBA Education's School of Mortgage Banking Course II (15 points)
- MBA Education's School of Mortgage Banking Course III (30 points)
- MBA Education's School of Loan Origination, School of Mortgage Servicing, and/or Introduction to Mortgage Banking — (5 points)
- MBA Education's virtual or in-person workshops (2 points per day)
- State and Local Education courses (5 points for every 15 hours of course time)
- Non-MBA Educational Programs—must be industry related (5 points for every 15 hours of course time)
- MBA Education's Future Leaders Program graduate (15 points)
Industry Participation. CMB Designees are not only well-trained professionals, but they are well-connected professionals. They are active in the industry and consistently network with their peers by attending conventions and serving on committees at the state and national level.
This category relates to your connection with the industry and other professionals. You need a minimum of 25 points in this category and can use a maximum of 75 points toward your 150 point minimum. Here are ways to earn participation points:
- MBA committee member (5 points per year)
(View list of available MBA Committees and Councils)
- MBA Convention or Conference (1 point per meeting day)
- State or Local Convention or Conference (1 point per day)
- State or Local committee participation (5 points per year)
- Non-MBA Convention or Conference – must be industry related (1 point per day)
- Speaker at MBA or MBA Education event (1 point per day, up to 10 points)
- Subject Matter Expert for MBA Education - review & edit courses, publications or classroom programs in development (2-10 points) Email Nicole Smith for more details
- Habitat for Humanity (1 point per day, up to 10 points)
Other activities may be approved, please contact [email protected] for submission and approval.
Sample point calculator.