School of Multifamily Property Inspections
In This Section
Learn Property Inspection Best Practices!
MBA has established property inspection “best practices” which requires adequate training and experience for all individuals (primarily underwriters and servicers) inspecting multifamily real estate financed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Proper inspection training is a key component of the best practices and is a requirement of both Government Sponsored Entities (GSEs). MBA, working together with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, have created the School of Multifamily Property Inspection training course which is accepted training by both agencies.
The training reviews important points in conducting a multifamily property inspection. The training provides important steps to ensuring an effective property inspection, tips for conducting an informative property management interview and the importance of evaluating observable market conditions. The course also reviews the major building components and building materials used in construction, discusses problem areas and provides examples of how deficiencies can be repaired. Interwoven throughout the training, is a discussion of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac requirements as well as basic laws and regulations affecting a property.
Over the course of the training, students will gain a better understanding of the following:
- Develop detailed property inspection plan
- Recognize key building components of a multifamily property's physical condition
- Identify common environmental hazards Interpret accessibility regulations that impact certain properties
- Define property inspection and building component terminology
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
- Understand how to perform effective, efficient inspections
- Understand the physical and environmental concerns and accessibility requirements that impact multifamily real estate
- Produce action plans that can be implemented immediately
- Learn inspection best practices from property assessors and environmental experts
- Learn how to complete the MBA standard inspection form required by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- Network with industry participants and experts
- Become MBA certified to perform inspections (subject to successful completion of the final exam and related experience requirements)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Servicers/Asset Managers
- Individuals required to inspect multifamily financed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- Individuals who work for other lending platforms or in other areas of commercial real estate (marketing, law, appraisal, accounting) and want to learn more about the physical components of a multifamily property.
INSTRUCTORS: Course instructor(s) are experienced property assessors, environmental experts, lender representatives, and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac representatives.
The course is currently being presented virtually, as a blend of self-study and instructor-guided online learning. The course includes a series of live webinars, presented through Adobe Connect, allowing the participants to interact with the instructors and each other. Course materials and the final exam are available through MBA Education's learning management system.
Learners are strongly encouraged to participate actively during the webinar sessions.
Course Delivery Method: Classroom or Online Course
Duration of Classroom Course: Two consecutive days
Duration of Online Course: Two consecutive weeks
View the MBA Education Calendar for upcoming offerings.
More on Commercial/Multifamily Real Estate Finance
With more than 40 products and resources addressing the commercial/multifamily industry, and many more in development, MBA Education strives to help you improve your performance, advance your career and positively impact your company's competitive advantage. Visit mbaeducation.org for an interactive listing of current products.
For Your Staff
Most MBA Education programs can be offered at your location or online for your staff at your convenience. It is also customizable to fit within your corporate goals and culture.