In This Section
Be a Leader in Your Industry
The Chartered Realty Investor® (CRI®) designation is the only designation that brings together all aspects of the commercial/multifamily real estate finance, investment and advisory industries. Earning the CRI designation distinguishes you as a leader in your industry and signifies that you have the knowledge, education and ethical conduct required in today's complex marketplace.
Do you have what it takes?
Click here to see where you stand. If you ace the quiz, congrats! Take the next step and enroll in the CRI program. If not, don't worry. We're here to help you every step of the way. Contact Gail Griffith.
AFFORDABLE Our strong online educational platform enables us to offer you the tools you want and training you need at competitive prices.
ACCESSIBLE Our deep-rooted connections in the commercial/multifamily marketplace provide you with access to comprehensive content developed by industry experts.
ATTAINABLE As the exclusive provider of the study materials and prep courses for the exam, we are the only one that can offer you a comprehensive curriculum to prepare for the CRI designation.
The CRI exam is a purely real estate designation which applies at the individual level within your own organization or outside. It has provided me with the opportunity to illustrate my knowledge within commercial real estate as well as advance and expand my overall knowledge base within the industry.
The CRI designation program offers the advantage of being specifically designed for commercial real estate investments. Being a lender for a Life Company that owns a sizeable portfolio of commercial real estate, the CRI designation was the best choice for me.
All commercial and multifamily professionals including, but not limited to, those in the following roles:
- Commercial/multifamily lenders and servicers
- Mortgage bankers and analysts
- Commercial real estate agents and leasing brokers
- Commercial/multifamily property managers
- Commercial real estate consultants
- Undergraduate and graduate students
- Commercial / multifamily property managers
To earn the CRI Charter Designation you must successfully complete two examinations.
CRI Associate Designation (Level I Examination)
Pass the level I exam to earn the Associate CRI designation.
ASSOCIATE FAST FACTS
- 200 multiple-choice questions.
- Focuses on the core concepts of commercial real estate at the property level.
- Property Issues
- Taxation and Accounting
- Real Estate Analysis and Valuation
- >Underwriting Mortgage Loans
- Real Estate Due Diligence
CRI Charter Designation (Level II Examination)
Completion of the Associate CRI designation leads to the second step toward earning your Charter CRI designation.
CHARTER FAST FACTS
- 100 multiple-choice questions
- Focuses on the concept of portfolio management theory and the capital markets intertwined with ethics-based decision making.
- Capital Market Instruments
- Equity Structures
- Asset Management at the Property and Portfolio Levels
- Management of Asset Classes
- CMF Real Estate Investment Ethics-Based Decision-Making
Get More with Education Advantage
Developed by MBA Education, Education Advantage is an annual subscription-based training solution that provides you with access to our robust learning portfolio specifically developed for servicing professionals.
For one low annual price, you have unlimited access to our online self-study library, discounts on designations, two seats in specific online courses or the option to completely customize your curriculum. Contact Jeff Schummer today to learn more.
The Mortgage Bankers Association owns the intellectual property related to the examination and administers the exams on behalf of the CRI Society. All exam related questions should be forwarded to the MBA. The CRI Society owns the trademark and designation. All CRI membership questions should be forwarded to the CRI Society.