MBA Announces 2023 Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council
The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) announced today the members of its 2023 Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council. The Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council was formed in 2019 to provide important strategic and practical guidance to MBA's CONVERGENCE Initiative, the association's affordable housing effort.
“Creating affordable housing opportunities and closing the racial homeownership gap are long-standing goals for MBA,” said Steve O’Connor, MBA’s Senior Vice President for Affordable Housing Initiatives. “The Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council provides us with crucial insight on how we can create a more affordable and equitable housing market for all households.”
The Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council provides important recommendations, feedback, and ideas on where MBA should focus its time and resources to be impactful in advancing affordable homeownership and closing the racial homeownership gap. The Co-chairs and membership for the 2023 Affordable Rental Housing Advisory Council – also formed in 2019 – will be announced in the coming weeks.
Charles Lowery, Director of Legislative Policy & External Affairs at New American Funding, and Julie Steinhagen, Senior Vice President, Mortgage Region Manager - Community Lending with The Huntington National Bank, will serve as Co-chairs of the Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council in 2023. The Council is staffed and managed by MBA’s Jorden Gonzales-Richard, Program and Policy Specialist, Affordable Housing Initiative.
“It is my honor to serve as Co-chair of the Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council. I look forward to working with my industry colleagues to determine solutions that will ease the ongoing affordability challenges facing our country,” said Lowery.
"The Council represents a vast group of experts who are committed to creating affordable housing opportunities, as well as developing sustainable homeownership options for those seeking to enter the housing market,” added Steinhagen.
The members of the 2023 Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council include:
- Charles Lowery, New American Funding (Co-chair)
- Julie Steinhagen, The Huntington National Bank (Co-chair)
- Efe Aghimien, SWBC Mortgage
- Lesley Alli, HomePoint
- Meghan Bartholomew, Radian
- David Battany, Guild Mortgage Company
- Cerita Battles, JP Morgan Chase
- Chuck Bishop, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Melissa Blout, Associated Bank
- Geoff Cooper, Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation
- Rose Marie David, HomeBridge Financial Services
- Bryan Deaton, Enact Mortgage Insurance
- Courtenay R. Dunn, ICE Mortgage Technology, Inc.
- Jennifer Hedgepeth, DHI Financial Services
- Kelly Hollinger, Home Street Bank
- Deborah Momsen-Hudson, First Citizens Bank
- Tawn Kelley, Taylor Morrison Home Funding
- Kasey Kier, Bell Bank Mortgage
- Bill Lowman, American Pacific Mortgage
- Lenny McNeil, U.S. Bank
- Mike Patterson, Freedom Mortgage
- Jay Plum, Fifth Third Bank
- Sharon Rivers, Mortgage Investors Group
- Debra W. Still, Pulte Financial Services
- Michelle Swindell, Bank of America
- Michael Innis-Thompson, TD Bank
- Eileen Tu, Rocket Mortgage
- Miguel Vega, First Community Mortgage, Inc.
- Allan Voltz, Arch Mortgage Insurance Group
- Loretta Williamson, Truist