Actions to Take to Fulfill Your Pledge
Thank you to those who have taken our Home for All Pledge and for standing with the industry to expand opportunities for minority homeownership. We recognize that real, transformational change will take time, persistence, hard work, and collaboration. We're glad we can count on you. Together, we can promote greater racial equity in homeownership. Thank you for being part of the solution!
Here are several ways organizations that have signed the Home for All Pledge can get involved that align with MBA's efforts to:
- Promote and support public policies and industry practices that advance minority homeownership and affordable rental housing
- Support market-based solutions through MBA's place-based CONVERGENCE programs
- Champion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in our workplaces and our industry
- Support inclusion in single-family and/or multifamily housing with similar actions that are not listed under the above three commitments
Promote and support public policies and industry practices that advance minority homeownership and affordable rental housing.
Commit ongoing policy and advocacy resources to support the long-term success of MBA's Building Generational Wealth through Homeownership initiative. You can:
- Support MBA's Building Generational Wealth through Homeownership initiative.
- Provide senior-level staff to assist MBA in developing and executing policy and business recommendations supporting policy efforts. Senior representatives may participate in MBA's related residential policy committees and Generational Wealth through Homeownership working groups. The representative will have the authority to commit the company's advocacy support and engage additional company resources to advance those components of the initiative that align with our company's business goals and objectives.
- Provide available data and business analytics that will inform MBA's advocacy positions and recommendations related to the initiative and other minority homeownership proposals. Assist with developing metrics to determine impact and progress of the policy initiative. Stay involved through MBA's related residential policy committees.
- Promote policies that support continued liquidity and stability in multifamily markets and remove barriers to increase the supply of rental housing.
- Participate in MBA-led calls-to-action in support of policy proposals that help implement components of the initiative. Sign up your organization for an MBA Mortgage Action Alliance campaign.
Support CONVERGENCE in advancing affordability, consumer outreach, mortgage lending, and education/training opportunities for both homeownership and rental opportunities. To partner with CONVERGENCE, you can:
- Participate in MBA's existing CONVERGENCE place-based pilots on minority homeownership where we have a business presence. Become a partner in CONVERGENCE Memphis and CONVERGENCE Columbus. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help establish new CONVERGENCE pilots in markets where we operate, committing intellectual, logistical, financial, and human resources to the effort. If you are interested in bringing a CONVERGENCE franchise to your community, please contact email@example.com.
Support MBA's strategies to increase diversity in our industry and commit resources to expand the financial awareness that fuels sustainable homeownership, particularly within minority communities. You can:
- Actively engage in recruiting diverse talent and supporting industry efforts to build a diverse talent pipeline by participating in MBA's Career Fairs or joining our partner's initiatives, or creating your own diverse recruiting strategy:
- Work with MBA and its established partners to expand opportunities to improve the financial well-being of residents in ALL communities we serve.
- Participate in MBA's initiative to shrink the wealth gap through the development of an industry supplier diversity network.
- Sign PwC's CEO in Action Pledge, recognizing the role of business leaders to drive social change.
Support inclusion in single-family and/or multifamily housing with similar actions that are not listed under the above three commitments.
If your company's efforts to support inclusion in single-family and/or multifamily housing with actions that are not listed under the three commitments, be a part of the conversation by sharing company campaigns, best practices, etc.