School of Mortgage Banking III: October 2024: Online
|By August 26, 2024||After August 26, 2024|
About the Event
SOMB III is your final course in MBA's School of Mortgage Banking series and emphasizes long-term strategic planning in a mortgage-banking environment. Throughout the course, you will receive hands-on training in planning and forecasting future business operations. Not only will you be introduced to the critical elements of planning, but you will also be exposed to the effects that various conditions and situations have on the planning process. During this class, you will be competing against other teams to produce the most creative, yet realistic, strategy for a fictitious company using an advanced computerized model that will take you through several economic quarters and varying economic conditions in order to restore profitability to your firm. You will be able to apply what you learn in the lessons to develop a successful business plan. In the process, you will practice effective management of diverse skills and personalities in a small workgroup. The culmination of this activity is for you to present your strategy and results to the "Board."
Requirements for attending School of Mortgage Banking III Online:
- Attendance at every session is required for completion. Sessions will not be recorded.
- Webcams are strongly encouraged.
SOMB III concludes with a graduation ceremony on Friday awarding successful participants their AMP designation. (Successful completion of SOMB I, II, and III results in your AMP designation.)
- Current Issues
- Strategic Thinking
- Risk Management Strategies
- Pricing and Hedging Review
- Case Study and Team Simulation
- Classroom/Workshop (Virtual)
- Individuals interested in applying long-term strategic planning in a residential mortgage-banking environment
- Individuals interested in obtaining the AMP or the CMB designation
- Mortgage professionals in any role in the residential mortgage industry
- Monday, October 7, (1:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET)
- Tuesday, October 8 (1:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET)
- Wednesday, October 9 (1:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET)
- Thursday, October 10 (1:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET)
- Monday, October 14 (1:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET)
- Tuesday, October 15 (1:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET)
- Wednesday, October 16 (1:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET)
- Thursday, October 17 (1:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET)
- Monday, October 21 (1:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET)
- Tuesday, October 22 (1:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET)
- Wednesday, October 23 (1:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET)
- Thursday, October 24 (1:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET)
** Webinars may vary in duration depending on the subject matter**
Scholarship Availability & Discounts:
MBA’s Path to Diversity Scholarship is designed to support employees from diverse and traditionally under-represented backgrounds to advance their professional growth and career development by receiving up to $2,000 in education funds. Learn more and apply at mba.org/pathtodiversity.