Bank-Owned Mortgage Divisions: What Bankers Need to Know to Manage Mortgage Banking
|MBA Member Price||$0.00|
This webinar is part of MBA Education's Garrett, McAuley & Co. Mortgage Banking Management Webinar Series.
Commercial and community banks often get frustrated by the volatility and cyclicality of mortgage banking. Many bankers struggle to understand the nature of mortgage banking in comparison with other types of commercial lending. This webinar will focus on helping bank executives understand some of the unique features of mortgage banking and how to properly assess the risk, productivity, and performance of their mortgage banking divisions. More importantly, we'll tell you the key metrics that bank managers and mortgage division managers should track and discuss monthly in order to ensure good communication and to meet the bank's objectives. And this webinar includes a large amount of new and updated material from last year's very popular webinar.
2:00-3:30 PM ET
- Some of the key benefits and risks of mortgage banking
- How to manage through mortgage industry cyclicality and the appropriate ways to right-size the business
- Ensuring that the bank earns proper returns relative to the mortgage company managers
- Three key metrics that bank management must monitor to avoid secondary marketing risk
- Best practices for management reporting and accountability for performance
- Benchmarking bank-owned mortgage division performance against peers and top performers in the industry
Who Should Attend?
- Bank CEOs and CFOs
- Directors of Banks
- Mortgage division executives
- Banking industry analysts
- Michael D. McAuley, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
- Joe Garrett, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.